We are holding a 3-day (third day optional) Esri CityEngine training event at Lancaster University (LICA Building) on Monday the 4th, Tuesday the 5th, and Wednesday the 6th of June 2018. We have a few confirmed trainees and have spaces for more! Primarily this is a bring your own device training event (with Esri CityEngine installed), but should you require, we can arrange equipment for you (subject to additional fee).
The 3-day 3DPathFinder is more than just an introduction to CityEngine (version 2017.1 and above), not only is this a hands-on practical course it will teach you some CGA theory and useful tools such as viewsheds. It will also give you a more advanced understanding of the inner workings of Esri CityEngine. Depending on the professional and academic backgrounds of the trainees the third day is focused on real-world workflows and data of attendees.
Using CityEngine you will learn how to author a web scene from 2D and 3D data for visualising or analysing in other products.
This course will familiarise the user with the CityEngine interface and some workflows. You will explore how CityEngine can ‘3D enable’ your data, to make compelling and interactive 3D web viewable models and how it can fit in to other pipelines and workflows.
Anyone interested in learning more than just the basics of CityEngine, the attendee needs to have some knowledge of 3D and GIS. It will be desirable for attendees to have some experience or prior knowledge of Esri CityEngine but not essential. Delegates ideally should also have some knowledge of the following, SketchUp, ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcGlobe and ArcScene) and ArcGISPro.
- Identify components of the CityEngine interface
- CGA (rule file) theory and best practice
- GIS workflows
- Create a CityEngine workspace and project (and how to manage it)
- Create a 3D Web Scene
- Use existing 2D & 3D content
- Analysis (viewdome etc) and reporting
Your instructor will be Elliot Hartley, the Managing Director of Garsdale Design, and a 3D geodesign expert who is known as an pioneer in the use of Esri CityEngine for urban planning projects and 3D city modelling. Elliot has over 6 years of consultancy, training and real-world project based experience with Esri CityEngine.
Elliot has had more than 18 years working in the fields of GIS, planning, 3D urban modelling and geodesign. He has spent some of that time working as a Senior planner, as well as a Development Control officer within local authority planning Departments. Elliot’s academic career has seen him specialise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) at Durham University as well as Town and Country Planning from the University of West England. As a renowned expert in 3D urban modelling Elliot has spoken and conducted workshops at many international events on topics of planning, 3D urban modelling and geodesign. He is co-convenor of the 3D special interest group at the British Cartographic Society and also maintains a blog called GeoPlanIT which discusses CityEngine and geodesign projects
- Price: Contact us at email@example.com (discounted rates are available).
- Venue: Lancaster University Campus, LICA building, this is the campus map: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/media/lancaster-university/content-assets/documents/maps/campus-map.pdf
- Equipment: It’s best you bring your own laptop and Esri CityEngine installation, but we can organise equipment for you (subject to additional fee).
- Accessibility: Induction loop , disabled access for staff , disabled access for students
- Accommodation: Not included but choice of hotels in Lancaster: http://visitlancaster.org.uk/stay/ , and on campus: http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/conferences/
Contact us for prices and details (you can message Elliot on twitter, or just a chat about training at another time if you can’t make it! Alternatively we do training events through EsriUK as well down in Aylesbury, you contact here.